Monday, August 27, 2012

The Things You Miss...


If you are reading this blog and you have ever thought about possibly living in another country or moving abroad for a short time in your life, you should do it. Hands down it is the most amazing experience of my life so far and its only been a month. Is it difficult? Frustrating? Lonely? Yes, sometimes it is all those things. But, it is also exciting, fun, eye opening, and unlike anything else you will ever do.

The hardest part of my new life and the biggest drawback is being content with the big moments that you miss.  One of those big moments happened this past week. On Saturday evening my little sister, Amy, became engaged to her boyfriend, Stuart Wiggin. Ironically I was talking to her earlier the very same day that she became engaged. A couple hours after hanging up she sends me this picture and message.

"AHHH!"
I am so unbelievably happy for my sister and her new fiancé. I know they will have a long and happy life together. They are such an example to the people around them of what true, active, and purposeful love looks like.

I love them dearly and these moments are the things that I miss most while away.
I wish for nothing more than to be able to give my sister and future brother in law a big hug and to go out to dinner with our entire families and celebrate. But, I know my place is here and my focus needs to be here.
I am overjoyed and I am sending them thousands of thoughts, wishes and prayers for their future. I am so proud.
A great picture. Thanks Julia Essington for capturing these!
Stuart has his puppy expression on.
This picture really captures both of their spirits.




No comments:

Post a Comment